Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bour River Valley WIP

This is a new WIP by me placed in the same unnamed world i try to create, trying to use a slightly different style, am probably going to make it black and white. What is your impression of the mountains/hills/forest and if they fit better then they do in my previous maps? They are a bit different then from my previous work, smaller scale-wise . I used Giddes brushes and thank him for them, they are real close to what I imagined, will be using them further until I make my own decent ones .
    Latest WIP:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handdrawn like map few labels.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	37264  

Her.....

I am not a big fan of the lines around the hills, especially since you have the hills spaced out quite a bit from each other, but that's just the style of those brushes... One thing that distracts me about that is that the hills and mountains have one stroke width and the forest has a much fainter stroke width for those lines...

But... thats just a personal opinion and other than that.. I quite like the overall thing and since you are using premade brushes.... it's fairly quick to whip something like this up....

EDIT: oh yea.. the stroke on the coast is WAYYYYYY to thick....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

It looks quite striking, I think, with the black against the simple white. I'd be inclined to make the rivers black, too. Keep the solid lines. (Are the dotted lines roads?)
    The coast is a bit thick as stated above, but I like the general shape of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12