Thread: The Bour River Valley WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Bour River Valley WIP

Hello everyone! This is my second map following draklingrisen's tutorial "Artistic Maps in GIMP". Sadly i could not finish it as nicely as my first map ( who had only minor mistakes due to tiredness). I tried drawing a coastal map but had no experience with water and delimitation's etc. In retrospect i believe i should have created a water layer and play around with that, but it was too late when i thought of that, so i had to skip some steps in the tutorial, add a layer, played around with the opacity of different layers to at least get a decent looking map. I could not recreate the nice, old canvas look i made the first time (and the technique in the tutorial) because of the blue water on my Background (sketch) layer. Usually it should have been deleted so as to get a white layer, that's why in the finished map you can still see the sketch marks of roads, mountains and rivers. Anyway i think i will figure this out (using more water layers probably), what i want to hear from you are other points and mistakes i have done, that i can't judge by myself. Also bear in mind that i am completely new to the software, so "high tech" solutions could be too difficult for me.
    Looking forward to critique and pointers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First map final.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	36721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second map final cu improvizatii fara alb.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	36722