Thread: Greetings Everyone, New member

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greetings Everyone, New member

I wanted to toss out a greetings and hello to everyone on this amazing forum. I discovered the site a few weeks ago and have been in awe of the works I am finding here.

Back in the late 80's I started in on my home brew and it has grown in my mind since. In the mid to late 90s I started playing with I 'think" it was Paint Shop Pro 3. These were some very early attempts at making a campaign map. The project has been casually revisited over the years, but I have recently been re-inspired to finish it.

I started with a pencil sketch on old college vellum
    Then I would grab a section and work on it. I did not know the program at all. I would draw large area some color like red or green, then flood fill a pattern then repeat etc.

I have included some of the sample areas and finally I am linking what I was able to finish by copy pasting over and over until I got the final.

Now years later I understand layers, and transparency etc I cannot wait to resume my map making dream.

Feed back is welcome and I can't wait to try some tutorials I have seen on the site.

I couldn't figure out how to post the pics into the post so I had to resort to attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	36795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	36796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	36797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blank base pencil.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	354.4 KB 
ID:	36798