I like these.

Ascension - if it's the Golem Heights, for me the river must be the Jour-don, and that pub >there< is probably the Pal & Stein. But then I'm easily amused :-). Syriasly, it's a neat map, and I like that contour-tracking wall.
Sapiento - I have tried animated maps, and I know this had to be hard. You made it come out just right. I need to learn how to do such a thing with flash - my attempt was an animated gif, and I about went nuts. I saw a unit seem to change color too - it might've been the other-color marker just occupying the same space in frame X as the original did in frame X-1. Or they were practicing their deception skills to shake up the opponents.
Djekspeck - this was by a small margin my favorite. For some reason the units remind me of those in an old Microgame called Rivets. Kind of scared to touch the electromechanical frame of awesomeness, though.
ravells - pretty much everything about this just WORKS. You're really good at this. Now can we see the rest of the book, pleasepleaseplease?
Anonymousfromyou - I appreciate the spirit, and it makes me smile. Really, it only would take a little explanatory text and it could illustrate some set-piece historic matchup.

As for mine - I enter these contests for the fun of it and to get better. Far as I'm concerned, I won, 'cause I made ten or twenty people grin. Jax, just think of it as a stylized battle map (the last frame) with insets. A LOT of insets :-). If I'd had more time I'd probably have done something conventional - goodness knows the various planets and nations I'm involved with have had plenteous conflicts to document.