I am trying to work out the climate of the world that I am working on. While climatology interests me I still don't know much about it. If some of you could take a look at what I have done it would be greatly appreciated.

Using the conic graticule provided by Hai-Etlik I have determined the relative air currents, and with the help of Hawksguard and Juggernaut1981 my mountains are in place. I have included a map with wind currents, rain shadows, and areas where deserts should occur. Or at least I believe they should occur.

The ranges are labeled 1-7 (with 1 being the oldest mountain range). 1-4 are ancient, 5a-5c are middle-aged, and 6 & 7 are the youngest (and the highest with 6 being massive). I do know that mountains force air upwards, cooling the air, and causing precipitation, but that is where my knowledge ends.

The yellow areas are proposed deserts, the red areas are rain shadows created by the mountains, and the red 23 near the center is the 23rd parallel. Any area below this line is going to receive rainfall to varying degrees, and in many places excessive rainfall. The deserts are not in their final form. They are approximate and representative.

If you have any ideas about what I have done so far I would to hear it. I also have a few specific questions:

1. When mountains force precipitation can the water fall in catchments and create rivers on the opposite side (where the shadow lies)?
2. Do you see any area where the weather might be particularly volatile?
3. Hurricanes will form in the southern oceans, but at what latitude do they usually form? Will hurricanes/typhoons cross the equator?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New World Wind.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	611.8 KB 
ID:	36918

Again I could not insert the image online. I don't know why. Sorry about that.

Once I determine the rainfall and wind I will begin work on the water currents and distribution. I didn't want to do too much at once. Thanks in advance for any help.