Thread: July 2011 Challenge Entry: Mas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If moving the shapes breaks the rules of the comp stop me now, this is my first draft of the lake placements, I'm going to do some rotating and maybe some resizing. The shaps will still be there and completely intact, they just won't be anywhere near where they were in the original pic. Basically the idea is that two mighty rivers run close by each other in a flat low land area where seasonal floods and soft soil turns the area in vast exspanse (I can't spell) of lush marshes, deep lakes and fertile flood plains, perfect for growing the number one crop in the Dal Lands, rice. To take full advantage of the trade going up and downt two rivers the Mai Clan dug a great canal between two of the lakes and built a large city in the centre, reaping in a nice proft from all the new trade passing through.

-D-

P.S. I also hate to impose on the Powers That Be again but could you please change the "S" in the title to "I", it's just easier to pronounce.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mas - Land of Flood Plains.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	36969  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...