Thread: Elrithorn: World Map (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Elrithorn: World Map (WIP)

Elrithorn New WIP (Too Big for Thumbnail)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELRITHORN_NEW_WIP.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	36967

Elrithorn Original (Source Material)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELRITHORN_Original.jpg 
Views:	1362 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	36966

Greetings,

This is my first post/map. Well, not my first map as much as a v2.0 of my first. I originally made this overland map for my campaign world of Elrithorn which I wrote the Sands of Solvheil NWN2 module trilogy around. It was a hodge-podge of fractal mapper base and photoshop layers. It was also sadly to low of a resolution to be zoomed and detailed for regional maps.

What I have currently is done completely in Fractal Mapper 8. I've exported at their highest resolution which is 10000 x 10000 (sampled down to 8K X 8K for this post). This makes for a rather large JPG file but one that can be zoomed with relative clarity.

I should mention there are some symbol assets used from CC3 through their crossgrade (or more specifically, moving bitmaps over into custom folders in Fractal 8's mapart).

Anyhow, feel free to pick this apart. Being one of my early attempts I didn't expect exceptional quality. Instead I wanted to develop a good base which I could detail a kingdom at a time for more detailed sub maps. I currently use the map as a visual tool for helping to develop the landscape and details in the wiki. Now that I have a little more room to work with, I can start to detail some other areas before beginning to try town maps.

Wiki
    http://elrithorn.wikispaces.com

Atlas/Gazetteer
    http://elrithorn.wikispaces.com/Atlas
    Last edited by Ralleous; 07-09-2011 at 05:31 AM.