Thread: Nameless (Points of Light / D&D 4th Edition)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Hey Madletter

It sounds as if you have pretty full gaming calendar as it is.
    *frantical nodding*

I play if possible every weekend and at that between two to six different RPGs.. all with the same folks, tho... aint got many good players here and my pals always said im a RPG-fascist (regarding to the standarts i demand).

Things we play right now: Shadowrun, World of Darkness (horror)

Things we played: Shadowrun, Exalted, D&D, a D&D setting that deviated highly from standart and had its own rules

Thing I want to play: Vampire, Mage, Hero, Earthdawn, Changeling, DeGenesis, More Exalted, D&D 4th

Problem is time :-/

Having had a look at your maps I think your players are going to be in for a treat with your 4e campaign.
    Thanks! I only made my first steps in coloring and drawing maps is quite burdensome regarding my little time But it`s a thing i do with pleasure since the earliest RPG days (which now lie more than one decade back)... I hope I can make maps like Bannons Crossing on regular basis!

Just hearing you speak of a campaign running levels 1 to 30 made me envious. I barely play enough to get my characters to level 10.
    It's my hope and dream! I wish to do it, although I don't know if we can pull it off, as our group is crumbling at its base...

Dont get me wrong. I'm also looking forward to seeing 4e when its released. I think I'm just a little sensitive about the planned changes to the OGL which will mean Wizards can employ a guy like Mearls (with all his prior experience), advertise a "new" approach that has largely been brought about by 3rd party publishers working under the existing OGL, while at the same time changing the license so that things like Iron Heroes can no longer be made.
    Yes, the changes to the OGL are not so good... 3/3.5 was made so great by all 3rd parties and other developers... but hey.. this is the way it works now, folks need to adjust :-/

Anyway, enough ranting, got a spare seat?

Torq

If you live close to me, come over and play with us. I desperately seek good players!

* * * Update * * *

Here I go, I present to you two regional maps and a town-map in the making.
    The map I will use as the basis for play will be the uncoloured one, on which you can see Bannon's Crossing (a small thorp I finisehd and can be viewed in the appropirate board).

The town in progress shown will be to the north of Bannon`s Crossing and part of some kind of barony, Bannon`s Crossing also belongs to.

More info will follow as the maps progress.

I would like input about the regional map's composition and ideas to make it better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th map_2.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	2572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old 4th map_2.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	2573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	town.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	2574  

Wip

*** Next Update is there ***

I've finished the towns drawing and am now about to colour it. Already began a little, have a look!

Name:	working.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	632.5 KB 
ID:	2669  

Looking Good; I can't wait to see it finished.

Sound like you are on the good road to sucess.

My only comment would be about this:
    You and many other peoples who post handmade map should take about 10 minutes to just do some clean cut between sea and land.

I post here a fast example of your previous map. Sorry if I made some rough cut at the original map.

Than again, maybe it's just me that is too grumpy

anyway continue your good work,
    Alu.

Name:	town copy.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	613.0 KB 
ID:	2671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	2672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	2673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2b.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	2674  
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Working on it still Just came back from cinema (Sweeny Todd rules!) ^_^

About the clean-cut tip from alucard, I thank you for it. When I begin my coloration I mostly go and make the water-parts first. Mostly handwork, as the wonder-selection or what it is called doesnt do the job as I would like it to.
    You know any good tips for that tool? Anything might help!

Also I found that I dislike the "cloud" effect a little in it'`s normal state. I am experimenting with it like in a tutorial i read here a week ago...

ALso a question for the real-world geography-guys/gals: Do rivers cross the flatland to another part of the ocean like in my regional map?

Thanks in advance, Thanks for the nice comments, more will come soon! *mwahaha*

No, they won't do that unless there is something strange happening. If there is a place where the land is below sea level, you might wind up with a tidal island, but not a river.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name