Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
I like this map, but looking closely at it, there is a growing list of things that bother me.
Thank you and your comments are much appreciated.

The first thing that draws the eyes is the labels. I think they are to bright.
Agreed. I am just not sure how to make them visible enough without having them bright red...

There is no P in the grid system.
Argh! Damned dyslexia. I was thinking of removing the grid anyway since it kind of clashes with the old feel of the map.

Some of the towers are not centered on the wall, particularly in the bottom right corner.
Yes, that is by design. Not all towers are in perfect alignment with the wall. See a map of York city wall as an example.

Given the nice compass and the symbol above the town name, I think the map could use a matching border.
I thought about it but it looked rather too much when I tried. I could see if I could make the border thinner I guess.

I think that the the river lines are too thick. Thinner lines and maybe some shading of the river might be nice.
I made the river line thicker as otherwise there was not enough contrast. Maybe I did make them too thick ;>

The contour lines have no scale.
Fair.

Some of the diagonal lines are jagged, so it could have used a greater resolution.
Yes, that's terrible. A quick Gaussian blur should do the trick there.

Being the northern most point of the empire, I would think there should be a northern wall.
Do you mean on the northern part? If so, the bridge does have a gate and once closed, that would stop passage. The river is sufficiently big that crossing it would take effort without the bridge. Not impossible just hard -- especially under fire from the keep. Mostly, relationships are good between neighbours so not that much money is devoted to defences.

It gives me an impression that it was inked yesterday on old paper. If you could somehow fade the city so it looks worn.
Very fair comment. Any suggestions how?

Thank you for your time.