Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What music do you listen to while mapping?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Archaides's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Mumford and Sons is probably my favorite newer band.
    I've been into Mumford and Sons lately too! I don't do much mapping, but when doing it (and writing, for that matter) I tend to enjoy more "epic" music, like E.S. Posthumous, or Paul Oakenfold... Movie soundtrack such as LOTR, Last of the Mohicans, Pirates of the Carribean, or Braveheart are great too. Anything melodic and relaxing yet inspiring. I also like listening to classical music while mapping: Beethoven, Bach, Giuseppe Verdi, Haydn, Mozart, etc.

Guild Adept

The Legendary Pink Dots, writing and mapping, are a common choice.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I listen to a very wide range of music from Vivaldi and Bach to Faderhead and Rise Against Discography. Though, like Jaxilon I am not really a fan of rap.

Usually I will make playlists of certain moods to enhance whatever I am working on. However, when I am painting or working on an image, not text, I tend to find a good audio book, I prefer science fiction and fantasy. I just finished LOTR and have started the Discworld series again.

I like Demons & Wizards, Ayreon, Star One ... proggy stuff like that

i can't hear music whem i am working....

I have a bunch of stations on www.pandora.com that I use depending on what my mood is. I also just work in silence at times. I recently created a station using the band name "Silentium" and that seems to work pretty good. I have also been listening to a station created from "Red". Next week, who knows? I like stuff from instrumental to Heavy so it's hard to say.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

It really depends on the mood I'm in and/or what I'm doing.

If I'm doing something creative, such as map or 3D work, etc, I'll tend to listen to something more upbeat.

If I'm doing something very "fantasy-like", I'll tend to listen to music that evokes those kinds of images in my mind.. I listen a lot to the Lineage 2 soundtrack by Bill Brown for that.

As of right now, I'm naming locations in a map I'm working on and so upbeat/heavy music would kinda be an ear-sore. So I'm listening to "Ghost" by the Devin Townsend Project. Here's a sample of a track from that CD: Heart Baby

At the other extreme is Dev's heaviest stuff, such as this song off of Deconstruction. Same guy as Heart Baby.

All in all, my musical tastes range anywhere from super heavy to super mellow with various stops in-between. All depending on my mood.

I often listen to the LOTR soundtrack while working. Another good one is Inception.

Silence for me, I find music distracting when I do mapping. But then I'm an odd-bird, I never turn on the radio when driving in a car, even alone on a cross country trip. I like music, but only in the right setting.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    I love all music from ancient tribal to rock to metal to jazz, to western classical to Asian medieval, and everything in between. I will sometimes choose music that fits the type of map I am working on. If I am working on a battle map it will be an aggressive set of songs. Usually I just let the play list shuffle.

Tracker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast