Quote Originally Posted by Cyruss View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments. I wanted there to be a ton of water traffic so your comment reassures me.

And yes, the colored objects are trees. I had stated "The map is made with Autumn colors in mind so you will notice the heavily forested areas as an area of different colors.' Since I am going for autumn, I am not going to use any greens, at least no greens that are not on an autumn palette.

@Beoner: as I had mentioned, my goal was an autumn snapshot of the city and I feel my color palette works best. What greens I do have are the dull pale green associated with the season. The tree's are vibrant with color and catch the eye, which is true during the Fall. It is my favorite month and I am very happy with how it looks.

Process: I begin with manufacturing all of the buildings in Illustrator. District by district. Landmarks are created during the cities construction, flora and fauna are next, including the farmland and any forested areas.

Once the city is constructed in Illustrator, and everything that looks well in vector is created, I import all of the layers into photoshop where I texture and color where appropriate.
That's a ton of work. Excellent map!