Here we go! This is from the ground up again (like a fool, I saved over my master template). This is using RobA's mountain technique with the translation of Ascension's atlas style for GIMP. It took a bit of doing for my monkey brain to figure out and merge it all correctly, but I was able to do it and get my mountains in the right spot. I'll make note of this in the other thread also, but the reason my mountains above (in the very first screenshot) were inverted is because, when I was changing the levels and curves of the area, I had them selected. I repeated that mistake several times, until I realized the pics didn't have the selection in a dotted line. As soon as I cleared the selection, everything worked.

I would really like some feedback or comments on my rivers. I think most of them are obvious, as they are just draining the water out of the mountains and taking it to the seas. The fairly large lake in the southwest corner of the map is a basin between that area that has been damned up on the eastern shore, with the terrain surrounding the lake shored up to stop it from running over. I did my best to keep river levels small at the start, and only increase the ink size when it seemed like a significant amount of water had been dumped into the system (trying to keep in mind how volume works in exponents). The one time I started with a larger ink size was in the very central river, which started at a 2, and is again an aspect of the efforts of the city that will be placed near its source. I put a lot of thought into the rivers, but I could be way off base - let me know!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shin005-waterways.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	37468