Thread: July/Aug 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: The Arcane Academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh crap moe.. Your gonna make this hard for me aren't ye'?

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    Oh crap moe.. Your gonna make this hard for me aren't ye'?
    I hope so - I put so much time in that damn thing... testing this... trying that - hopefully it is no lost labour ;-)

It tourned out that the texture work had only been a basis to set up a proper parchment style.
    My latest WIP includes a lot of changes and is probably half of the finished map. Some background information about it:

The Arcane Academy is a long forgotten enclave of education for wizards. It has been a thousand years since it's walls tumbled down during the Second Eclipse.
    Recently Robard van Erestria, Archmage of the Blaze and Lord of Lytant found an old folio with floorplans of the Arcane Academy. Since he knows of it's powers, hidden within the unique architecture which concentrates the arcane sources of Ahr, the First God, Robard decided to take this chance to rebuilt the Academy.

Robard had been warned by the great council of wizardry of summoning old god's powers into the world of Teneran. The council is convinced, that it was the Arcane Academy itself as it shelters the spirit of Ahr - also known as the Orcus' Guard - which led to the Second Eclipse.

But Robard ignores them. He is driven by the vision of initiating a new era of magic education and follows his plan by all cost.

The final version is ment to include a new sketch by Robard showing his thoughts and annotations. This could be in the form of a blueprint discussed in an earlier post within this thread.
    I welcome any kind of criticism!

>Moe

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prev3.jpg 
Views:	1262 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	37427