Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July/August 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: Mount Augustus

Guild Apprentice

Hi Guys, thank you for the feed back @Moe I have lightened the background @ tilt I have pushed the clip in as far as it goes and have made the crease marks, I will show both versions and invite comments . I, myself, tend to go with the paperclip! I have also fixed a typo.

### Latest Wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double paged augustus1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	37592

### Latest Wip ###

Name:	double paged augustus2.jpg 
Views:	49 
ID:	37591

As an aside is there a problem with showing more than ONE thumb in a post or have I reached a limit of thumbs in a thread?
    I cant seem to display both thumbs

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the paper clip looks better now ... when you add pictures to the post the easiest thing is to push "go advanced" (next to the post quick reply button) and use the "manage attachments" button there, then the forum will make the thumbs in a darkened box and can have up to 5 thumbs at a time.

please note also that the system only recognizes 1 latest WIP - so whatever picture comes after the last latest WIP is chosen by the scraper.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Apprentice

tilt, I did play with the "manage attachment" inset and had both jpgs in the box but no matter what I did I could not activate both of them as a thumb. Hence my question about thumb limits in a thread! Anyway glad you approve of the paperclip!

Blog Entries

stwange ... normally I only post one attachment at a time, but it should work with more... what went wrong - no idea - that's RobA's domain
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Guild Apprentice

Post My final choice

To make sure that the correct entry is chosen, here is my final wip for this month's lite contest.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	double paged augustus2.jpg 
Views:	49 
ID:	37653

Edit, *** Again no thumbnail is shown. Can an admin please have a look at this . I do not believe I am doing anything wrong.

The thumb has up loaded as you can display it when you click on it. but the thumbnail is not displayed
    Last edited by Surveyor; 08-09-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Alert to a potential problem with displaying of thumbs

I once had this problem with a WIP in the Arcane Academy - as I remember I used the "Save for web" function of Photoshop to compress the image. Due to the code being included and browsers which would react to the file extension by default, the thumbnail wasn't shown but the link worked. When I chose "save as" everything went normal.

Maybe you use a similiar function in Gimp (or do you use PS)?

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Guild Apprentice

OK this is the last attempt to attach the file so that it presents with a thumbnail. Well what do you know , it worked!
    I used the "manage attachment "screen but I also reduced the file size somewhat from 1.24 MB to 1.15 MB
    ### Latest Wip ###

Name:	FinalWip.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	37656

I do not quite understand the difference as I am sure I have seen a post somewhere that limits a single upload to 5 MB or 5 separate uploads in the same post as against thread . Can Admin please review upload criteria and post them in FAQ's.
    Cheers Surveyor

We know there is something wonky with the whole upload thing. From what I understand, it's a problem of timing where the conversion to a thumbnail comes at a time when then server is under some load and thus the conversion fails. There is some thought going into seeing if a secondary server to host the images vs forums will help by offloading part of the work. As well, dedicated hosting is under consideration....

Unfortunately, all I can say is just keep trying.. what i have had to do sometimes is to save the file again... and it uploads correctly after the save.... of course.. I have no idea if just happens to be because CPU utilization changed in those few seconds or if the save did the trick... but my expectation is that the save did the trick.... I "believe" the server uses the file size and timestamp to note duplicate files. I say this because I have tried to reattach files minutes, hours, later and still no thumbnail is created so it "knows"(thinks is more like it) that it has already processed that file and won't try to thumbnail it again. While saving the file again changes the timestamp and makes it look like a different file to the software.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

the limit is 4.7 - but as jfrazierjr says its acting up sometimes probably because of the server is busy - so try and try again
    regs tilt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You also need to watch the Megapixel count, IIRC it's around 23MPxl
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast