Hi there,
I was searching the web in hope to find a program to draw maps (small dungeon maps or overland maps of wider regions) when I found a hint to look at this forum. I was stunned for longer than 10 rounds when I looked (better: stared) at the first two maps ("The Butcher, The Baker, and that Other Guy" by Ascension and "The Western Baronies" by arsheesh). Now I hope to learn how to draw maps which are at least at 10% of this quality.

I'm a 31 year old guy from Hannover (Germany) and I began doing roleplaying ("Das Schwarze Auge" and "Shadowrun") about 16 years ago. After having a break for 4 years I started playing "Rolemaster" 4 years ago and I am now trying to handle the GameMaster-thing for a small "Pathfinder"-player-group. Since I'm a teacher I would love to install some kind of roleplaying club at my school where I will also take position as the Gamemaster in the beginning. That's why I started to look for mapping programs or tutorials.

I am currently using GIMP as a graphics editing program, but my knowledge is limited to edit existing photos or graphics.

So thanks in advance for all the tutorials and ideas - and answers to the large number of future questions