Thread: July/August 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: Berend-Jan's Herbalist Academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Ravells: Now I see what you mean. Very well executed in your map. Great tip. I already have some ideas, but I want to finish this map in time too. So I'll see what I can come up with.

Now that I understand what you mean, I am definitely going to try starting out with old images as a stylereference in the near future.

@Moe: I don't mind that you used my work for your example. It is very educational for me. I like the outcome, and I think I understand what you did. This is also more the same style as the detail maps and I can see now why that is better. I'm not sure if this can be done exactly the same in Gimp, or even if I want to make an exact copy of these settings. (Usually I like to play around with the settings a bit, to see what the result is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Len Wolff View Post
    (Usually I like to play around with the settings a bit, to see what the result is.)
    And that's how it should be ;-)

As I am not familiar with GIMP I can't help you there and I could have read the information about the software you use before posting a photoshop made example...
    But nevertheless you should be able to pick up some ideas.

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Here is the latest wip for the herbalist academy. It is almost finished, I still hope te get a few good tips and tricks that I can try out.

I think this map is the best map I've made up till now. I've learned a lot from all het tips I received and the tutorials I read. Thank you guys!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	herb_wip_3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	538.3 KB 
ID:	37578