Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
The best way to see what people that do drafting for a living use would be to do a search for the 3 words: drafting furniture blocks. This will bring up some that are free downloadable blocks in CAD format, which you may not be able to use, depending on what file formats you have access to. But, there are some images of the top view on some of the pages I just looked at, which would help you get an idea of what other people use.
I have no problem using CAD drawings, my job is basically the development similar applications. The problem with those drawings are that they do not really conform to the aged look I'm trying to get. I want it to look like its an old map basically and the super straight lines does not really help me unfortunately

When it comes to showing that a drawer exists in a desk, or the way a door swings, there are basic "rules" that are followed. Not sure that you would be going into that much detail though.
Pleas do, give me a couple of pointers, I'm not against using common techniques as long as I can make them look old

Good luck to you. It looks great so far.
Thank you and thank you for the massive post, brilliant