Thank you for you reply.

Humm, ok, so my river are too small. Now that I look at them, you're right, at that scale, they should be long and come from somewhere. Wilbur generated them for me, my intended scale might not fit. I'll try something with only one or two rivers next time that have no beginning, that should be more realistic for that scale.

So, I should go with longer rivers, with varying size (I completely forgot that, all rivers are the same width...). I tried placing some villages and castles logically, and this seems to have worked. I also completely forgot any externally-connected roads in any of my maps...

About tree placement, I've been using an extremely complicated algorithm where I simply place then where I feed trees would grow. I mostly follow rivers, but can trees grow pretty much anywhere? Where I live, it's pretty much only forest and farm fields, would a map at that scale, like wellfield, actually be completely covered in forest?

Thank you again for your post, now I see clearly that scales do not match, and I'll study the terrain type for my next map.