Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August Entry - The Nine Bridges of Atayama

Thanks, Jax!

Rather than using this in a Kaidan adventure, I was thinking of adding it to my planned series of Kaidan Gazatteers. I plan one for Yonshu Island - where the entire Curse of the Golden Spear intro mini arc (which has already been released) occurs. Then 2 for the large island of Anshu home of the imperial-shogunate capital, 1 for the cold northern island of Genshu, then 1 for the smaller islands of Ryuki and Nawa, with other smaller islands of note. Akayama would serve well throughout Kaidan, so I'll probably add it to the first.

This means I'll need to create a Kappa marsh village, and even though a Hengeyokai village is featured in the second adventure of the trilogy (Dim Spirit), I'll want to create a more militant one in northern Yonshu in Taro province.

Most of the listings in the Gazateer are only 100 or 200 word entries, but mapped locations like Akayama above will have at least a full page dedicated to them. Village, towns and cities will have complete City stat blocks. Although some major NPCs will be listed with stat blocks, these products should be rules lite releases - adaptable to games outside of Pathfinder RPG.

Anyway, I have a use for this map already - for publication.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-25-2011 at 03:18 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

GP have you considered making a few(2-3) small adventures in Kaidan for free, just to get people introduced to the setting? Of course, I don't don't know how much of rules require the purchase of the source book or not, so that might be totally undo-able. People tend to be more willing to try free stuff before wanting to drop money. I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps a 4 page quick adventure and those should be fairly quick to put together a few. Of course, if you already have something like this of if Kaidan is already selling really well...then ..nevermind...

Another thought you might want to consider is similar to Torstan's setup where adventures come packaged with a MapTool version of the adventure(or perhaps you save that for your subscribers to your map of the month thing on you site<shrug>).
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

When I published The Gift (the first adventure) the first time, I actually did some work converting it to MapTool, but since the 'then publisher' started being problematic, the venture ended at the time. Though I'd love to the same for the new completed, Curse of the Golden Spear trilogy - however, I am more busy than before and I still lack the acumen to do a MapTools version myself - and limited budget makes it costly to outsource.

We did create two Con demo adventures which Jonathan McAnulty ran at Origins - perhaps these could be published as free adventures. Part of the issue is that for the latter half of the year supplements for all the PC classes for Kaidan are being developed and released as faction books - the first one to come soon is 'Way of the Yakuza', but we have a samurai and shinobi factions coming soon after that. I'd like to have all the classes ready to use before I actually promote adventures featuring Kaidanese PCs for the setting.

My goal is to eventually create a full 1st - 15th (or 20th) level adventure path set in Kaidan. Though I agree free scenarios would be helpful.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12