I haven't posted anything, but I plan to do the map this weekend, however, I am going to need to change the title to this thread (CL please) to: August Entry - The Nine Bridges of Atayama.

This week I started the preliminary ideas for an adventure set in Kaidan involving Atayama or 'red mountain' which is the ancient home for a village of Tengu, that has been abandoned due to incursions by yurei ghosts and oni demon spirits. However at the summit of the mountain, at the Shrine to the Kami - Father Wind, trapped within the holy grounds is the Daitengu or King Tengu of the mountain. Though he is nearly immortal, if he leaves the confines of the shrine grounds he will age instantly and turn to dust, thus he cannot leave and fight off the spiritual cancer that haunts his mountain. A party of adventurers is needed to cleanse the mountain of its dark spirits and free the mountain of its curse.

A road traverses up the elevations from the river valley below to the summit over a thousand feet above it. Multiple crevices cut into the side of the mountain prevent one continuous road to reach the Shrine to Father Wind, and nine wooden bridges cross those crevices. Each bridge is guarded by a bound spirit that will attempt to prevent crossing - some are bound kami spirits, some are yurei ghosts, some are oni demons, some are simply cursed and require an action to bypass its danger. The road, the summit shrine and the nine bridges could easily serve as an entire adventure location allowing climbers to gain a full level of experience in the attempt.

Will get to this tomorrow and Sunday.

Michael