Thread: Tablet Position

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My tablet is usually stored behind my monitor, when I bring it out I have it directly in front of my keyboard. I've been meaning to move my second monitor to the right (I'm right handed ) for some time but it means a total reorganisation of cables etc. so...sometime soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	37877  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

My desktop setup is very much like Ravells - except my monitors are ahead and to the right (the way you say you want it set up). I have a keyboard shelf that pulls out under the desk, that's where I keep the tablet and mouse (usually I use the one on the tablet), then reach up to use the keyboard.

When I'm using the laptop at the dining room table I use the tablet directly in front of the keyboard (square), no mouse, just the pen. If I'm sitting at the couch I keep the laptop on the tray in front of me and the tablet in my lap. No angles, though I can deal with it if need be (not so much now that I was able to justify upgrading to cs5 and can rotate the canvas on a whim)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."