Hey everyone I'm new here to this forum and I was just wondering if there was anyone around kind enough to help me out in making a world map for my game. This game is a non-profit tactical RPG Game made in a program called RPG Maker XP, a game-making product developed by Enterbrain.
I've been prgramming an Interactive World Map System for my game very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. In order for me to make sure I know where I'm going, I wanted to get the World Map finished so I can start programming in the coordinates and paths of the map. Below I'll show some images and some extra details to hopefully aid you in the process of creating this map.
In the example map provided as an attached thumbnail over at the bottom, I have numbers matching descriptions right below. This will help in the construction of the map.
1. Jade Town – The most dangerous city in Gai. It is here that the most gruesome Hunters are born and raised. Hunter activity is at a prime here. It’s also said that Don Mays, holder of the highest Hunter bounty in Gai, was raised here.
2. Ruined City – A destroyed city that seems to have been ruined for a very long time. Strangely enough, several Government Officials guard it like it holds something they don’t want to let out so easily.
3. Fort Dane – A Government outpost that contains several weapons and other armor pieces. The building of this fort was thought up and commissioned by General Major Dane Faymord, hence the reason the name of the fort is Fort Dane.
4. Damp City – A city known for getting a lot of rain. Hunter group activity is also very high here which directly correlates to the huge crime rate.
5. Whinide Rainforest A rainforest that takes up much of the eastern portion of the Eleventh District. Strong monsters live around here.
6.Ancient Temple – Forgotten ruins found in the heart of the Whinide Rainforest. Within it are old relics connecting to the past.
7. Bane River – A long and beautiful river that leads into the Whinide Rainforest. Government Official outposts are situated along some parts of this river. It is said that the water here is enchanted by Bane.
8. Rockdale Town – A town that now stands on what used to be piles of rocks, hence the name “Rockdale Town”. Being a part of the Fourth Sect, naturally, living conditions aren’t at their best here.
9. Rockdale Woods – Woods very near to Rockdale Town. People with not much fighting experience can find themselves ambushed by no good Goblins.
10. Bern – A small village near the border of the Tenth District. There is a boarding school situated here as well for people that can afford it.
11. Hollow Woods – Extremely dangerous woods near Bern. It is said that this is the main dwelling place of Mammoths.
12. Rocky Plains – Bumpy plains that cover up most of the Tenth District. It is not an easy place to travel through and several injuries have been reported here.
19. Graman Town – A farming town responsible for agricultural production in Gai. Most products are grown in the Graman Plantation Fields, and then packaged and sold in the local markets here.
20. Graman Plantation Fields – The place where most products are grown. The occasional Rodent or Goblin comes in to attack farmers or steal food.
21. Flat Plains – A wide area encompassing most of the Seventh District. Some Hunters find this a suitable place to have their base of operations.
15. Mining Town – A town dedicated to mining. It is connected to Mining Cave where the actual mining is done. Most Commoners here are miners as well.
16. Dirt Road - A path from the outskirts of the Eight District that leads into Mining Town. This road is also known as Bounty Road due to so many Bounty Hunters starting their careers out by looking for Hunters here.
17. Mining Cave – A small cave where miners dig for raw materials and other things. The things dug up here serve an important role in Gai.
18. Moag Cave – A cave that can only be accessed by a secret entrance from within the Mining Cave. A powerful presence lurks here.
13. Fishman Village – A village run by fish men. Being right next to the Sixth District, it is easy for them to fish all along the perimeter of the Ninth District as it is purely water.
14. Dark Pond – A mysterious pond said to be able to tell the feelings deep within your heart. Some people benefit from this, others simply go crazy.
22. Aquadeep City – A city underwater. The only way to access this city is having the possession of a submarine. People who live here have become friendly and accustomed to the aquatic wildlife.
23. Altus Mountains – The longest stretching mountain range in Gai. It is the boundary line between the Fifth District and the Sixth District. It is said that this is the main dwelling place of Dragons.
24. Lost Island – An island inhabited by docile animals and the occasional Monsters. It is here where a prodigy shipbuilder lives.
25. Coral Cave – A secret cave that can only be seen by going very deep underwater where pressure is extremely high. A powerful presence waits inside here.
26. Sane Dune City – A crowded city hidden in the sand. Despite the fact that the environment is very unfavorable, it is quite the resort due to it being built with plenty of pools, beautiful houses and hotels, and custom breeded trees that can grow in the sand.
27. Sparkling Oasis – The only known source of water in the Karvhon Desert. It is also said that a strange presence is felt here.
28. Karvhon Desert – The biggest desert in Gai, it covers nearly all of the Fifth District. It is said that very valuable items can be found here, but no one is crazy enough to stay in the desert for more than a couple of hours without gallons of water.
29. The Black Sewers – All garbage collection in Gai is either recycled or destroyed here. Additionally, water is managed and polluted water is dealt with. Due to how this is the main site of the Fourth District, nearly no one lives here nor in the Fourth District as a whole except for workers.
30. Nina’s Hut – The small cottage of Nina. She is the only person that lives in the Fourth District besides workers. Nina was a former Government Official who has gained a lot of wisdom with her time in the Government and waits for the day to meet a Hunter group she has dreamed of. She claims to be able to see the future.
31. The Bog – A sticky place that no one dares venture near. Those who walk into the Bog are never able to come back out and sink to the bottom. Dangerous monsters roam its boundaries as well, namely Ogres.
32. High-Machine City – The center of technology in Gai. High-Machine City is up to date with every new invention and it finds a way to incorporate that invention into city life.
33. Mage Temple – The opposite of the Dragon Temple. This temple is for mental intellects wanting to increase their magical capabilities. Just like the Dragon Temple, each member of The Council spent some time here and it is recognized as a renowned training spot.
34. Crystal Factory – A factory dedicated to producing high quality technology. It is here where guns were just created not too long ago as well as most inventions that were promptly spread out across Gai.
35. Infopolis – The center of learning in Gai. This city has the largest library in Gai and most intelligent scholars learn their craft from here.
36. The Broken Graveyard – It is said that great warrior from old times rest here. However, one gravestone is eerily set apart from the others. Those that get near it feel sick to their stomach.
37. Dragon Temple – A temple for physical brutes wanting to reach their maximum potential. Every member of The Council used to train along with the Mage Temple of the Third District. It is a renowned training spot.
38. Fighting Grounds – A huge plain on the outside perimeter of the Second District dedicated to personal training, spars, testing weapons, and more.
39. Capital City – The Capital of Gai located at the very peak of Mount Gai. The only people allowed within the boundaries of this beautiful city are Government Officials or Commoners who have received special invitations. A select few people also live here too; they include The Council, the seven Special Agents, and the highest ranking units of the Guard Division.
40. Mount Gai Temple – A temple located at the base of Mount Gai. This location has the tightest security in all of Gai. The reason for this is due to it being the only place where it is a well known fact that a Forbidden Tablet resides within. No Hunter has ever been able to read the Tablet and get out alive.
41. Dark Forest – A thick and dense forest that covers up a lot of the First District. It is said that the strongest of monsters live here. Rumors even have it that a Pearl Dragon dwells here.
1. I would preferrably like the map to be the size of a horizontal regular sheet of printing paper.
2. I would also like the map that I made used for a reference but the quality improved greatly to that of the image directly below these instructions. For example, as of now, the outline of the map looks like spread out long lines, however, when you look at the second image, the outline is much more realistic curving in at specific points.
3. All the features I've displayed on my map (for example the river) I would also like drawn on. All these features are specific and represent a location so if you have trouble understanding what a feature is, please tell me so I can make it clearer for you.
4. I would like the land to be the same color and texture of the second image, but the water to be a medium blue.
5. If you're good at making borders, please go ahead and draw the borders using the second attachementAttachment 41074Attachment 38878 with borders as a reference. If not, don't even worry about it.
6. Finally, it would be appreciated if the opacity of all the land features were around 70 to 80 percent. This is because I'll have those little circles that you can see in the second image on the final map, and I want people to be able to see clearly those little circles as well as the lines connecting the circles.
7. And as an extra note, this is the quality I would like for the finished product so please use this as an example throughout:
P.S. Also if you want, here's a video (in the beggining):