Thread: Continent of Dyrna (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Wip Continent of Dyrna (WIP)

This is a map I've been working on for a few days now.

It's a map of the continent I'm using in a story I've been putting together. The continent is called Dyrna in which two nations are resident. The map itself is still very much a work in progress.

The basic ideas are that over a thousand years ago there was a war between the two nations (one situated on the Dyreen Plateau, and the other in the Dark Lands). The war ended abruptly when two great catastrophes occurred. The first was the collapse of a HUGE chunk of land which formed the Tears of the Fallen as well as the Gulf of Sorrow. The second was a horrible plague that swept through the Dark Lands. These events weakened the two nations too much to continue their fighting.

The Lost Lands is not my excuse to leave a huge whole in my map, but a mysterious effect that prevents people from exploring anywhere within that very well defined region. A traveler that attempts to simply walk in will find themselves walking right back out without ever having turned around.

So... lol... now that I've rambled on a bit too much about the setting, I'd love to hear any suggestions anyone might have about the map. Any at all!

-----------
    EDIT
    -----------
    Added some major updates to this map. Hope everyone enjoys. (updates are in a post further down )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent_Dyrna_labeled.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	2530  
    Last edited by ObsidianBlk; 03-30-2008 at 10:52 PM.