Thread: Please, a cartographer to create a map.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The "river on the south continent"....can that be more of an ocean channel because rivers don't really run from ocean to ocean? I probably have 15 year old maps that have the same issues and it wasn't until I joined here and started really thinking about it that I learned to fear the river police If it figures prominently in your gaming sessions of yesteryear then you will just have to leave it but if it's not actually called a river then I would just say it's a narrow channel of Salt water. Of course, it's a fantasy world and you can do whatever you want with it.

I might be able to help out on it since you aren't under a crunch. Take a look at my Signature links and let me know if anything like what I have done would work for you.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Jaxilon, your maps are just fabulous. I wish I could have found you before to add one of your maps at my "ideas of maps". This map Xperemiante is awesome, very close to what I want.
    About the rivers, I can't say you're wrong. I was researching for this right now and... well, you're right. It's a river called "River of Souls"(yes, like the river Styx), so I tought it would be awesome if it was a really big river. Never tought in a channel of salt water. For years and years I was telling people that was a river... shame on me.
    So, if you can help me, it would be an honour. I really like your maps, but this Xperemiante one is particularly cool.
    I don't know what to do next. Do you have Facebook or something like it? I can send you the .psd files, or something. And talk with you while you create the maps. I think you are going to like some of my ideas.
    I can promise you something, you can bet a map of yours that your name is going to be on my map.