Thread: Please, a cartographer to create a map.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great idea - I have thought it would be nice to put together a document of my player's adventures in the World I created as well. Someday when I have the time I am sure I will do it. Sorry to hear about your thief friend, hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Do you have a simple outline of the lands you want or is the image you provided above it? Placing borders can be done in a jpg but obviously it would be integrated into the map on a single layer. In other words you wouldn't be able to turn it off. You might want two copies of the map one with borders and one without. I did a map that had two layers so the client could not only turn the borders on and off but could change them as their game progressed. I use GIMP however so not sure if PS can open the layers.

Am I understanding you in that you want it in four days?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hi, Jaxilon, how are you, brother?
    So, there's no time limit. It could take one day, or one month. I'm still researching data for the book. Translate rpg stories into a book is harder than I expected.
    I have the .psd file here, with all the layers in it. The file I provided above it is just for the general idea. I want the file in a way I can add kingdoms, names and stuff. The geographic stuff is easy to be done. Just the chain of mountains in the north and the big river on the south continent should be done anyway. The rest I can improvise. The idea of two copies of the map isn't bad, but I think it would cost more, I don't know.
    Thanks for replying this.