View Poll Results: Please Vote for 1 Entry

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orcish War Camp on Mount Griffonfall - by Sagenlicht

0 0%
  • Lokar Bandits Hideout - by eViLe_eAgLe‎

19 48.72%
  • Aerie Fief Aerie Fief is a region of land held in trust for the the youngest son of Lord Bonelli the Bald. It is a mountainous region with a good river system - by Map Vandal‎

7 17.95%
  • The Nine Bridges of Atayama - by Gamerprinter‎

12 30.77%
  • The Floating Mountains - by tilt‎

1 2.56%
  • Fort Pilot - by vman3force‎

0 0%
  • Prison Island - by anonymousfromyou‎,

0 0%
  • Snow Fury's Lair - by languard‎,

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a mountain location ***

Ill stop next time I actually wanted to vote for Map Vandal as I think he should win. But alas.. Greed is a recurring sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    No, I didn't forget, that's why I don't it anymore, nor recommend others to do so. When I learn a lesson, I spread the wisdom, if I can.

GP
    That is good!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

what lesson - you won that challenge GP...
    Also - I voted for you here!

While participating in a challenge can be both fun and a great learning experience, the real purpose of the challenge is to support the community. Thus voting on the challenge is also supporting the community. However, if you only vote for yourself, then you are NOT supporting the community. Although I won that challenge way back in November 2007, I voted for myself, was pointed out to doing so and got embarressed for doing that.

I want to support the community, so I never vote for myself - this is the lesson learned.

Edit: also for all the lurkers out there, you are members of this community, it's your right (and duty), so vote on the Challenge.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-29-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I was fortunate, I had seen the self-voting bad karma mentioned somewhere before I entered my first challenge, or I'm sure I would have done it too.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

also - a good pointer on who to vote is that politicians vote for themselves - and who want to be like those people *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If I was running for President of Libya I'd vote for the other guy
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Sorry I didnt finish guys - I got wrapped up in getting ready for this semester and I just ran out of time :/

maybe next time I'll be able to pull through.
    Who is John Galt?

Nice stuff guys, my vote went towards Evile_Eagle's stunning piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh my God, these challenges get harder and harder to vote on every month. I went back and forth between Evil, Map Vandal, and GP for more than an hour.

Map Vandal's is just gorgeous, what else can I say? The work it must have taken to make that... oy.

Gamerprinter as usual turns in another stunning entry, full of detail.

But ultimately I had to give it to Evil. I think it just had 'something' that struck a chord with me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast