Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Guild Novice

I was originally hooked by Judges Guild CSIO (the maps) playing AD&D. Left for 20 years as life got busy, and have just returned to 3.5 in the last couple of years, GMing for my kids and their friends. Lots of fun.

Guilty. Playing in a Golarian Pathfinder game on Fantasy Grounds and might be attempting to run a Warcraft based Pathfinder game...using maptools? Not sure.

Heh, didn't notice this thread before.

I'm a roleplayer too, started with AD&D 2nd edition and have been GMing for, oh, about 16 years now. Nowadays we mostly roleplay our D&D spin-off hack-and-slash home-brew old-school d20 with a system we call BASS (bloody adventures of sword and sorcery) ... because the acronym would have been much worse if it had just been adventures of sword and sorcery. And also, bass is a pretty tasty fish and besides GMing I also fly fish for a hobby.

Sample house rule, to give you some flavour: if you tear off an enemy's limb you may attack it with its limb as a free attack.

I've been role playing just about a third of my life by now. My system of choice being Ars Magica.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Just noticed this thread in the ticker and will put in a plug for my own game.

We recently passed the 850th weekly game session for my campaign (now over 400 of them being online sessions) over the past 18+ years.

Always looking for good roleplayers, pop over and take a look.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Pretty hardcore gamer here, though I normally get stuck DMing because nobody else wants to do it, though they insist that it is because I am so good at it. Mostly 3.5/OGL, White Wolf Storyteller system, and my own Karma Roleplaying System. Have also played Rifts and BESM games in the past.

My players are all sufficiently paranoid that they all make sure that their character have the swim skill, because they know at some point they will end up on a boat...and I will sink it. I have this thing about sinking boats. Just seems like something that has to happen at some point. There will also, at some point, be kobolds. Because I love kobolds. The kobolds, however, are generally NOT the reason the boat sinks.

Gamed a lot in my twenties. It ended because everyone ran out of time as they got older. I'm trying to get my 10 yr old into it. :-)

We played AD&D of course, and a great game called Rifts, from Palladium.

As DM, I made worlds and plotlines. Now I still do that, but for fiction-writing instead of gaming.

Blog Entries

Gee since I just play CRPG I'm out even though i would play PnP D&D if i could, I am trying to learn Maptools to get my best NWN/NWN2 buddy from New york to teach me PnP style, He's a bud i met while hosting my NWN1 server and now he DM's on The Known Lands, a ppopular NWN2 server. Don't discount us CRPGers, not everyone lives somewhere you don't get stoned for being a nerd.

I know a lot of nerds who get stoned ...

Guild Novice

Never done the pen and paper roleplaying, for some reason I missed that experience early in life despite my constant live roleplaying with friends in the woods. It amazes me considering how old I am and how much fantasy has played a role in my life and career. To this date I still have not played D&D. I do, however, roleplay in various online games now days. Guess that doesn't count?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast