Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxsdaddy View Post
    It was the first time any of us had used miniatures (old school metal ones).
    I still only buy and paint old school metal minis. Although I do use plastics when DMing at a friend's house, I have an affinity for the weight. I also seem to get better paint jobs out of metals.

Guild Applicant

I haven't had much time since the birth of my son a little over a year ago, but I have a big trunk filled with all the Dark Sun adventures and books. Picked up some of the 4th Ed. vinyl maps and books also through the months. One of these days I'll get back to them.

Guild Novice

It might have been quicker to ask who here was *not* a gamer, but then they would simply have hidden. :-) I started FRPGs and board games in high school and am still actively playing in my 40s. I've been working on a map for my world and this is a great site for inspiration. Heroic fantasy is my favorite genre, but I enjoy all the gernes as long as there are good friends playing. Like many others here, my current system is Pathfinder.

Guild Novice

I've been gaming since high school.

As far as settings go, I really like Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms setting, because it's really well fleshed out and has a good mix of magic and mechanika. The World Guide that they put out a few years ago for the D&D 3.5 ruleset was 400 pages of locations and information, and that's pretty hard to beat.
    I also like Shadowrun for the very dystopian cyberpunk element, and have recently received the Mouse Guard RPG box set for Christmas, and I'm eager to DM some games in that system.

I am a role player for 7 years. i play with my friends on holidays, we usually play vampire (WoD) and make mods of the D10 system, now i`m preparing a warcraft II D10 game and im drawing maps of Draenor before the explosion of the Dark Portal. i know, it is too freak xDD

Friday night ... rain, 100 minutes till we start role-playing, some stuff to still finish at the office, good wine and ham in the cellar ... good thing I did all my DMing prep work three months ago!

Guild Applicant

I'm something of a 'young' gamer. I started with DnD 3.0 in college. (About 10 years ago) I've since experienced most tabletope rpg systems avaialable. I still have a fondness for the fantasy settings that were my introduction to role-playing. Give me a dragon to slay any day.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Been playing D&D with various family members for 15 years or so We play 4.0 now, but we've played everything from 2e up!

I've been role playing since the concept was invented, pretty much true I was the first female gamer in my area of Seattle and the only one that I knew for years. I've player all versions of D&D, Ars Magica, Vampire:The Masquerade, Shadowrun, 7th Sea, Planescape and Pathfinder. I detest 4E, it just really lost in the appeal department. I so far, enjoy Pathfinder the most and am sticking with it for now.

I love anything from low level fantasy, gritty fantasy, horror fantasy to serious high fantasy. I love pirate and vampire themed games as well. Except for some years playing Vampire: The Masquerade in modern Chicago, Boston and New Orleans, I'm not into modern gaming.

I'm currently using the Pathfinder system on a modified Golarion part of the time and on one of my own world part of the time. I have been a home brew world creator for years and enjoy having creative freedom to do what ever I feel like doing without players screaming that it isn't canon I'm a heavy detail gamer and GM and do a lot of handouts, pics and local lore, language and flavor. We are currently playing in the Western Ustalav/Hungry Mountains/Lastwall area sussing out what the Whispering Way is up to and unintentionally getting involved in the beginnings of a possible war for the throne in Ustalav. We just finished a rather creepy episode that I dubbed, rather un-creatively, "The Well of Shadows" and are now running from a very angry group of wizards (who want our souls, we think) disguised as Varisian wanderers and trying to cross the dangerous border lands on the edge of Vyrlich, past Orc country to get help from Lastwall against agents of the Whispering Way etc. etc. . Yeah, I'm pretty much a gamer for life.

"Ustalav" translates, approximately, from my language as "She rose/stood up into" (Literally spelled "Vstala v" but an initial "v" is pronounced as "u")

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast