Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Lukc ., I wish that I could claim the name, but it belongs to Paizo's world Golarion. I love the meaning in your language tho' , you are in Slovenia? It's beautiful language. Ustalav is a land that suffered long under an undead tyrant and has never quite shaken off the dark and creepy remnants of that time. It's being a lot of fun to play there.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

I do my maps because of my RPG games =). I only GM GURPS 4th Ed, but setting and styles have a great number (all of them homebrew). In ther moment I am GMing a Dungeon Fantasy game in my setting of Panorica.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzymoon View Post
    Lukc ., I wish that I could claim the name, but it belongs to Paizo's world Golarion. I love the meaning in your language tho' , you are in Slovenia? It's beautiful language. Ustalav is a land that suffered long under an undead tyrant and has never quite shaken off the dark and creepy remnants of that time. It's being a lot of fun to play there.
    Well, beautiful, I don't know ... but it's definitely complicated!
    (No, lep, ne vem ... je pa gotovo zapleten! :S)

I never could play in premade settings ... though I might try it some time.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fipps View Post
    Give me a dragon to slay any day.
    Give me a dragon to PLAY any day! >
    Yes, I'm colorblind. But my pink fields and orange forests are avant garde!!

A couple of commissions aside, my maps were pretty much all done for my homebrew campaign setting Age of Legends (a link to which is in my sig). Of course, now that I'm in a PhD I haven't found time to scratch that role playing itch. But I've acquired a love of mapping that keeps me tinkering with map designs even without the motivation to map out my campaign world.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected babayaya's Avatar

So let's begin..........
    I've been DM for about 30 years now, beginning with D&D red box and then AD&D... followed Runequest, Merp, vampire, cyberpunk, shadowrun, rolemaster, dangerous journeys, star wars and some french games that were not translated (guildes, rève de dragon...).
    Anyway since I had a building design training, I quickly knew how to use chinese ink and Rotrings...
    and it took some time but I finally decided to draw all my maps...
    This world, named Orfen Is 26 years old now, and I've made several long/short campaigns in it. mastering it in lots of different RPG systems.
    And 5 years ago I decided to master Midnight setting... one of the best commercial world I ever met...
    The last game I met is a french one (i don't know if there is any translation of it) named CAPHARNAUM, a middle oriental based rpg.
    Since we founded a rpg club in 1984 we had the possibility to play tons of games and styles......
    But the one we explored the most was DD 3.5 : Forgotten realms, Conan, A game of throne, Greyhawk, Midnight, Archipels, scrared lands, penumbra, ravenloft, dark sun, birthright, L5R and other home mades (like mine).
    So, by the way if some people here needs some handhelps for anything.........

Otherwise, I play miniatures some time, boardgames, card games, and I had accounts on some mmorpg's.
    for miniatures I love painting, especially oil paints......

Aye, long time rp'er here.

I am actually in the process of putting together a campaign at the moment, using GURPS 4th edition rules. It is a steampunk meets magic style world, with a darker Victorian/Industrial Revolution flair to it. I was directed here because in the rpg group that I am in, I was asking about maps and making them. Voila! Now to just start working on it, heh.

Before that, I have play many many games...including D&D, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, Cyberpunk 2020, Iron Kingdoms (huge love for this world), and World of Darkness. Of course there are other games out there that I love, but that is a pretty decent list. Er, and they happen to be the books sitting on my desk at the same time.
    I do a bit of board gaming, and even some table-top wargaming as well (Yep, Warmachine and Hordes), but I more enjoy the painting aspect than the playing.

I'm a big gamer, tabletop rpgs are my big hobby, I play more systems than I could easily list. but among them pathfinder, 3.5, GURPS, d20modern, and whitewolf.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

I am! I used to play D&D all the time. Mostly 3e, but I've played in every edition at least once. I have also DMed games in Pathfinder, and the completely unrelated system NEMESIS. I don't get to play nearly as much as I want to. I use the excuse that, as an actor, the practice telling stories and improvising is useful, but really I just want to play games :-P

I wonder how exactly role playing works for you guys. I envision roleplaying as writing stories from the perspective of characters in the world that I created, but you guys mostly seem to use systems like DnD and GRUPS, aren't those roleplaying systems that work by controlling characters with dice rolls or something?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast