Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I've been playing various editions of D&D (Pathfinder now) for the last 33 years. And lucky for me, my current gaming group has been the same one since 1987 - lost one member through an accident, but gained 4 more in the last 3 years. Of course since my evening job is developing settings and adventures for Pathfinder, I get to play all week long - sort of...

3 of us switch the GM role every couple of months, so we don't get burned out.

There are plenty of members who are fantasy authors, GIS pros and others who aren't gamers at all. Though I'd hazard to guess most members are RPG gamers.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Present! Middle Earth, Harn and Hyboria got me into this. I also recall some ridiculously detailed setting for Powers & Perils I think. I respect Glorantha but had a bad formative experience with Ducks; I should probably give it another chance. Always wanted to see a really tricked out map of the Young Kingdoms.

Guild Novice

Started with D&D (Blue Box) back in the 70's. Played everything released by TSR in the 80's. GURPS, Traveller (pre 3rd), White Wold (pre world of dimness) and I collected just about everything I could get my hands on. I referred to myself as a "World Collector" more than once in the 80' and 90's. These days my wife and I play Anime-esque games like Maid, BESM (and variants), and sometimes GURPS. I have Boxes of maps from Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, Spelljammer, and even Harn. Merp/Rolemaster I collected but never really had a chance to actually play. Online MMO's and CRPG's have taken the forefront in my gaming (Elder Scrolls and LotRo especially). Now that I have a decent mapping program and the background (CAD) to not be utterly lost, things are looking up.
    (Forgot to mention Bubblegum Crisis, Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyber Generation which were a major portion of my early 2k gaming. Still used plenty of maps.)

Guild Novice

I've been gaming since high school.

As far as settings go, I really like Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms setting, because it's really well fleshed out and has a good mix of magic and mechanika. The World Guide that they put out a few years ago for the D&D 3.5 ruleset was 400 pages of locations and information, and that's pretty hard to beat.
    I also like Shadowrun for the very dystopian cyberpunk element, and have recently received the Mouse Guard RPG box set for Christmas, and I'm eager to DM some games in that system.