Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lots of roleplayers in here - myself I've been playing for 31 years now, started out with D&D, skipped AD&D but picked it up again when WotC took over. In the years inbetween I've played tons of systems, incl. Rolemaster, James Bond, Shadowrun, Warhammer the rpg, Paranoia, Star Wars, Star Trek, Traveller, Vampire, Magician, Gurps, Call of Cthulhu, Villains & Vigilantes - and I have perhaps a dozen games on the shelf that I never got around to playing.

Amongst my non D&D favorites were:
    Rolemaster: Love the rules and our group spent a minimum of lookups as everybody had their own tables ready - I miss the complexity of the skill system when I use skills in 4e D&D.
    James Bond: Gotta love the secret Agent stuff - however it works best with one or two players. Loved Hero Points.
    Paranoia: Just plain fun to watch your players going for each others throats once in a while - and love the whacky world and the fact a gamesession can just be about repairing a vending machine and still churn out a good many dead players.
    Villains & Vigilantes: The character creation system was very unbalanced, but I loved the way the rules incorporated beating each others with cars and flying through walls when hit

My fav settings are probably forgotten realms, and I also liked the setting from Warhammer the rpg (fantasy), however, most of the games I played have been in home made worlds
    Last edited by tilt; 08-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I'm a roleplayer, in fact RPG is my favorite game ever.

I play usually systems d20 based, like D&D, but I don't like much the 4th edition. I've played some Brazilian RPG as well (which you probably don't know, but I'll say the name anyway), as the 3D&t, Tormenta and now I'm playing a system (called Old Dragon) that is based on the old D&D and AD&D, very good btw.

Usually I don't play as a player, but as a DM (and I love to be a DM), that was the main reason for starting making maps actually, as my group prefer to play on a world we built together.

I still want to play Call of Cthulhu, and Star Wars, just need a group and books for this.