Thread: Help with FT to Wilbur size conversions

Default Help with FT to Wilbur size conversions

In Fractal Terrains I encountered the 1.$ (infinity) bug for altitudes in my searches I have read that there currently isn't a fix for it. I am attempting to work around this but have encountered some other problems that may be easily overcome.

My solution so far has been in FT save as a specal .mdr file
    Open the File with Wilbur,
    Texture it as an 8 bit greyscale image image and save,
    Open in Photoshop and delete out the "Black Holes" and save.
    Open the file in Wilbur, and "span" back to my original altitude ranges.
    I think there is something else I need to do here but don't know what.
    Save as a .mdr file saved it as an .mdr
    Create a new Binary file and load the .mdr default it says it is 4096 x 2048 for length and width.
    Now I have a tiny image of my planet "according to the ruler it is about 100 miles long"

How can I make it go back to the original length and width? There is something that I am missing but I am really new to both applications and could use some help to make it the right size.

Many Thanks
    Psy

Well after another 4 hours of testing changing and looking through a bunch of different options I have discovered what I was missing. When importing a binary file the "Map Edges" don't always default to span the entire map.
    If anyone else finds this and follows along everything there should work just make sure to set the map edges to Top:90, Left: -180, Right: 180, Bottom: -90. This also clears the infinity rainfall bug as well. Hopefully my hours of trial and error help someone else out there.

If there is a simpler way to deal with this I would like to know.

Psy

The simplest solution is to contact ProFantasy tech support and ask for the beta version that fixes that problem in FT.

Thanks I will contact them to see if I can't get the beta version.

Psy