Thread: [Award Winner] Atlas Walkthrough [Fractal Terrains & Illustrator]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, getting Adobe CS for mapping.

$_$

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

ya.. not just for mapping, my wife and I have a publishing company we started, so it will have other uses...but $_$ is right... almost made me sick spending that much... however, it came in today and so far... it's money well spent. Well, spent, anyway

If I had spent that much on a program just so I could use it to make maps... well, I'd either be a little slow in the head or uber-rich... I'm working on the latter and I've always been the former...

Professional Artist

Of course, if you can get it with an educational discount you would be silly to pass it up. I bought a full edition of CS2 for $200 when my wife was in school. That's a great deal. I think it retails for something like $1200.

-Rob

Of course, it violates the license to use an educational edition for professional work, so if you go that route, you're limited to using it solely for personal use. Not that Adobe would probably notice, but if you've started a publishing company, it's probably best that you paid for a standard license.

Hope you're enjoying yourself!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

a discount off $1799 would have been nice... they are very proud of their creative programs... that is FO' SURE...

No kidding. I'm looking at the Master Collection, with both the video and graphic design apps, since I am going into visual effects for film and my wife is a graphic designer. $2500 retail or a mere $1000 for the educational license. I think I can get it even cheaper if I buy it through my university, though.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I'm not sure how I could have done it.. I'm not in school and have no ties with any university... any discount with a price tag like that is a welcome sight...