Thread: Nation Building World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh hey, Nation Building Role Playing Game is a strategy game basically with roleplay elements. Players need a map and depending on the number of players you wish to have the map should be bigger or smaller. Each player has his own nation and he roleplays in the game as its leader, ambassors, spies, conducting diplomacy, secret missions, wars against other players or NPC nations, etc. If you ever played Risk or even better Europa Universalis, this is a written roleplaying game in that perspective. It's not overly known or popular as there are few communities who do this, I only know of two.

Of course there are many other forums who have similar things, or web browser games that do something of this sort, but the NBRPG style that I know is more ordonate, gives more control to players, and it's pretty damn fun to be honest. I've played some games that lasted around a year or so, with players being killed off, having to pick new nations, while others just banned together in a strong alliance and took over half of Earth map. It's fun ^^, and different GMs use different systems, some more complex then others.

In the community I had been in I did a lot of improvements and still am working to make the game completely GM free. Right now the system needs GM to act on the consequences of player acts, while I love the game, that makes the GM work hard and takes time the players might not like to waste. So I am still working on bits and pieces to make it as less invasive from the GM as possible, but it's hard on my little own ...

I checked your maps, I can use both Opal Island and Ruarc -Easter Political, actually both have what I needed ^^, the city because of the white houses, and the region map because it shows plains, mountians forests and it has predefined borders. If you want to hop in and help GM this game and play it :p, you are more then welcomed. It won't be time consuming once it gets going, it will more player driven than GM driven.
    Last edited by Exin; 09-20-2011 at 11:47 AM.