There are very few tutorials I can follow. It's not that I can't follow direction and it's not because I'm stupid, it's just because I'm really impatient and want to go go go. Don't feel bad. And whatever you do, don't give up. I've been banging on Gimp since I joined here and that's when I started on this crazy journey. I couldn't get through a tutorial to save my life because I didn't know what the flip anyone was talking about. So, while I did poke around in a few of them, I mostly just went out on my own and hammered away. Now I'm doing ok. I'm sure if I had felt like reading every detail and going through every tutorial I would have learned to do some things a lot faster but in the end I like to think I've become a tiny bit unique because of taking the long road. That might just be wishful thinking but whatever.

I, like you, was worried I might just drop the whole thing and go back to drawing on paper however I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. I'm still learning and having fun. Yeah you will be frustrated at times but keep trying.

One last thing you might want to keep in mind: you chose one of the tutorials that is a culmination of (if I am guessing right based on things said) about five years of work and learning. Ascension broke it down but honestly if you are new to PS you sort of started out running a marathon. His is one of the big daddy tutorials. The results of completing it are worth the effort.