Quote Originally Posted by Soixante View Post
Beautiful map, as are the rest of the maps of your world. One thing though, for me the sea labels are a little too subtle. So subtle as to make me really strain my eyes and lean in close to read them. Could just be my monitor, who knows.

Oh and, geographically, is there any particular reason why the deserts of your world are mostly situated close to the equator (unlike on earth, where they're around 30 degrees latitude north and south)? Not that it needs to mirror earth's climate or anything.
Thanks. I went back and forth on the labels. On the one hand, I wanted them to be legible (obviously), but on the other, I was really trying to let the terrain on the map stand out, and I didn't wan the labels to be too prominent. But perhaps you are right, the compromise I reached might need a bit of reworking. Thanks for your input.

As to the deserts, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I wasn't aware of that fact. The climate and topography of Eriond is supposed to be similar to that of Earth, so this was an oversight on my part. Glad to know it though, this may be something I will have to go back and correct later on.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh