Thread: Dungeon map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That is a mighty fine looking dungeon map there.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    That is a mighty fine looking dungeon map there.
    Thank you. It was really my first, so hopefully they'll get better now that I have this most excellent resource.

Thanks again.

-IG

It looks good and its very clean, so its should be easy to work with for play.

My only gripe would be that some rooms have stuff put in them, but alot of the map is pretty much left "Blank."

I understand this could be because the only things on the maps have actual functional things in the dungeon itself, and if thats the case, then never mind what I'm saying.

Over all its crisp, clean, and easy to use, so i'd say its a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Kagehito View Post
    It looks good and its very clean, so its should be easy to work with for play.

My only gripe would be that some rooms have stuff put in them, but alot of the map is pretty much left "Blank."

I understand this could be because the only things on the maps have actual functional things in the dungeon itself, and if thats the case, then never mind what I'm saying.

Over all its crisp, clean, and easy to use, so i'd say its a success!

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct in that only the 'furnished' rooms actually have something worthwhile in them, although I"m sure if I thought about it I could think of a reason to decorate a few more rooms here and there. I might work on it sometime in the future.

Professional Artist

Nice map You say you only used Photoshop to create it?

Is this map used for tabletop gaming? i.e. with Minatures? or is this just for the DM? I'm only asking because I was wondering if you were planning on putting in a title and legend.

I really like the background texture you used in the rooms. The font is not my style but it adds a uniqueness to the dungeon for sure.

Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Doirche View Post
    Nice map You say you only used Photoshop to create it?

Is this map used for tabletop gaming? i.e. with Minatures? or is this just for the DM? I'm only asking because I was wondering if you were planning on putting in a title and legend.

I really like the background texture you used in the rooms. The font is not my style but it adds a uniqueness to the dungeon for sure.

Good work!
    Thanks. Yes, I only used Photoshop to make it. It's really just a DM map. I hadn't thought about putting in a legend and title, because honestly I never planned on posting it anywhere. I might go back and tweak it a bit now though.

THanks again.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

It's a pretty map. The only comment I would add is that the shading on the walls is a bit strange. The drop shadows indicate a light source from the top left (which is pretty conventional). However the light on the walls is brightest on the bottom right edges. This gives the impressions of the walls being concave - which feels a little odd as they should be protruding out of the page towards the viewer. If the highlights on the walls were the other way around they would jump out a bit more.

Otherwise, lovely map - especially for DM only reference!