Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March Entry: Not my father's dungeon

Here's my final entry.

Enjoy the game - they really were like this in the early 80s (except the maps were even crappier!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungo1.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	2596  

Ravells - That is TRULY is a work of inspired genius. Takes me back... WAY back.

But I do take offense to your comment that "the maps were even crappier!" I prefer to use the term 'simpler'.

Thank you, Tim - if I had used a typical map from that period, all I would have needed to have done is cut and pasted the original random dungeon we were given to work with!

I love it! Even down to the low-res and inappropriate graphics on the cover.

I have to say, this challenge has been full of laughs from the very beginning.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Ravells - I'm about to say something in all seriousness, although it might not be taken for such.

I think that you should use what you've done here as the inspiration for a line of 'old-school, throw-back' dungeon delving board games. The games could each come in a PDF booklet that the purchasers can print the boards and cut out the tiles. You could even offer them at Gamerprinter's print shop.

All you need to do is develop a super-simple game mechanic, and you are off to the races.

Maybe we could do this as a joint venture...

Get outta here Tim! You're such a card! Actually it has been done - I've got a version upstairs somewhere and it's quite good fun.

Anyway, couldn't help having a bit more of a fiddle.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungo2.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	2605  

Holy "Suitable for Players 8+" Batman! IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!

If it has been done, why don't I see them on sale anywhere?

Other random comments:

- You're definitely giving away the fact that you are a UK citizen with the potatoe chip bag.

- I think for a game this simple, you have TOO many character stats and the Saving Throw system appears too complex.

Well there's Cheapass games (google it) which produces stuff in white packets like the one here (Kill Dr Lucky is one of their more famous ones) - Cant remember for the life of me what the dungeon crawl one was though, it came in a deck of cards which you placed on the table to make the dungeon as you went along.

-have you read the saving throws listed?

p.s. sorry about the horrid edging on the pencil

No, I hadn't, but that is fantastic!

If you guys go the game creation route, count me in!!! That would be a riot!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast