Thread: Adjusting floor texture in DD3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah, I'm sorry - you are using the vector symbols and fills, not the bitmap (PNG artwork) fills. It's been awhile since I've worked with those - I'm pretty sure you have to do something different and not as straightforward to rescale them. Let me take a look at get back to you...
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Ok, here's what you need to do:

1. Go into the Symbol Manager from the main menu: Symbols -> Symbol Manager
    2. At the top, check the box that says "Show fill style symbols" if it isn't checked already.
    3. In the symbols listed in the scroll box, find and select the symbol Tile Brown L Fill.
    4. Select the Scale button on the right side.
    5. Enter a value you want to scale the symbol by in the "Scale selected symbols by:" box (e.g. 2 for twice as big, 10 for ten times as big, 0.5 for half as big)
    6. Hit OK, then hit OK again to get out of the Symbol Manager.
    7. Save your map.

The draw tool should now draw the floor with the symbol scaled larger or smaller depending on what you chose above. Not that since the symbol definition you just scaled is defined in your existing map, this change will effect the size of the symbol in this map only.

Hope that helps.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Guild Novice

Okay, that has gotten me a step in the right direction, but here's the new dilemma: When I re-scaled the fill style on the floor, the tiles got smaller (as I wanted) but the entire tile pattern also shrank and left blank spots on the brown background. In other words, the 9 tiles that covered the floor from wall to wall just became 9 smaller tiles in the middle of the room with the rest of the room untiled. What now?