Thread: CC3 - Help a New Enthusiast to Create an World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Help CC3 - Help a New Enthusiast to Create an World Map

!!!NEW VERSION OF THE MAP ON THE BOTTON!!!

Hello Hive Mind!

I have learned some tricks of my new bought CC3. So after a first map that took me one week to "finish" to learn the program, I want to try to build the map of my fantasy world in a way that I really apreciate. I am using the style proposed by the Cartographer Annual 2009 "Fantasy Worlds" BUT I am having problems primary with scale. Its a 10 000 x 8 000 map, with in my mind means that it have 10 000 x 8 000 miles. Every symbol scale to 10 in the program and I am inicially pleased if the scale that the symbols looks on the map, because I can put mountains and others things in the very small islands that I am drawing. One of the problems is with the Defalt Terrain Tools that dont scale... I can draw a beautfull mountain range in a small issland, but with I try to put forests there the scale mess up. Another problem that I am having is how to put an island inside a lake. I tryed to toy with the sheets but I did not resolve, the lake always goes in front of the island that I draw.
    Well, what I already have? I first draw the main lands. Second I put all the larger islands. After that I draw the profundity lines in the ocean and put A LOT of smaller islands where I thought it fit well. Then I draw contour lines in the bays and near islands. Last I begin with the bodys of water inland. but did not finished it.
    Attachment 38455

NEW VERSION: WORK IN PROGRESS - SEE POST #13 AND LATTER TO SEE THE WIP.

Attachment 41927
    Last edited by Mateus090985; 02-06-2012 at 10:05 AM.