Thread: March Entry: Not my Daddy's Dungeon!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip March Entry: Not my Daddy's Dungeon!

I almost thought not to participate this month - such an old school dungeon with all the contents pregenerated and required, I thought how could I be creative with this?

I just couldn't get excited about hand-drawing this one.

Truth tell, I've not really been able to play with much 3D in my past challenge participations, so I thought 3D might be a way I could get excited about this.

No backstory or flavor direction yet, just the basic layout.

The textures used in this image aren't the final ones. I just wanted to differentiate the walls from the floors. I haven't placed any doors yet, just door spaces. I going to clean up some of the door wall areas to blend in better.

This image uses "global lighting" which I won't use in my upgraded WIPs or the final, its just showing the layout in this early 3D stage of the design. I will be using light spheres and light cones for most of the lighting. The final render should be much darker than this. I want to incorporate torches and torch light with flickering (looking) cast flames of light on walls and floor.

I will be creating all the content for each room (SANs monsters as per challenge requirement.) All objects will be 3D casting shadows, etc.

I am planning to keep this conical camera view - note that foreground walls are not shorter, rather you are almost looking straight down at the walls here, whereas perspective shows more wall verticles surfaces further from the camera.

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-base.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	416.3 KB 
ID:	2576  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations