Thread: March Entry: Not my Daddy's Dungeon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice! (And congrats on the manure texture--it's not every day a guy can say "I have great poo texture!")
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wip Some content placed in two rooms...

I changed the wall texture again, I'll settle on something eventually. I moved and resized the floor so the grid would fit better, still not perfect...

I created a large anthill to represent the den of these worker Formian Ants in room 5, I will still add more stuff. I might place a treasure box partially buried in the anthill. Haven't decided whatever else would indicate Formians here.

I created the cage for Room 4, those "things" in the corners are supposed to be spider webs with funnel centers - hard to see, I'm not quite happy with the web texture I'm using, though I may have to live with it. Notice on the floor the words "Death Comes" written in blood along with splatter marks - this covers the "hand scrawl" indicated in the room description.

Still need to add lots of stuff. I would say another week of content creation before I'm satisfied. Then experiments with lights for rendering the final scenes for compositing. I may even produce a straight down functional map view to see what the final looks like...

WIP so far (this is a larger image than previous - I wanted to insure the subtle details can be viewed...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-more.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	2599  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations