Quote Originally Posted by Master TMO View Post
Random question, not that I could afford it, but have you considered doing setups like these for sale to those of us with less electronics talent and/or time and inclination? I admit I have not yet sat down to read your blog, and it may prove a trivial task, but I'm assuming that the 'since I don't know how to do it, therefore it must be simple' Point-Haired Boss meme doesn't actually work, that it's actually somewhat complicated to do.
I've moved onto other projects, but I've published everything necessary to build/use one. The 3d printed pieces are the only part that can't be found online, but you can get them printed by places like Shapeways for probably not a ridiculous price.

The software end of it is reasonably simple to use if you are familiar with Python and just want to display equirectangular globe images on it.

With sufficient determination, you should be able to build and use one without any electronics or optics knowledge, and a basic understanding of how to use Python scripts.