My ViewingDale app can link all of that stuff onto the map itself so you can click a person and get their stats etc. Obviously my preferred solution. But if you didnt like that idea then I would definitely look at a Wiki. You dont have to run the wiki online, you can host it locally which is what I do as well. So I keep all my internet bookmarks, things to do, peoples phone numbers and what not in a local wiki which means I can click about from topic to topic and then edit the page and add / change anything I like.

If you want an example of that then the guilds community driven mapping world is the CWBP (look at the main forum topics) and click into the wiki for it. Its a little hap hazard and it didnt get the en mass community input and editing that might have expanded it to something fully fledged but it does stand as a good example of an RPG world on wiki.

BTW, my personal (non RPG stuff) wiki runs on the Usemod wiki type which is free but doesn't have any images but you can browser link to images of course. I run the Tiny web server to host it. The two together are an awesome combo.