Thread: Looking for encounter maps for iPad game prototyping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quite a lot of people map with a CC license which is quite free so if you can get one where its attribution only or non commercial and you are not selling the map then I would have thought that this would be alright. If the app is sold as a demo with the map in it then that would not be ok. Some people here just make them public domain too but there is no method to seach for them and check which ones are or are not - you will have to look at the text.

BTW, I watched the video (but without any sound if there was any) and I totally don't get what the point of the app is from that.

Hi RedRobes! Thanks for the feedback! You are quite right about the CC licensing , I found that out from the fellas over there at profantasy!

Presently, I'm nowhere near publishing the app. I'm just looking for any maps that folks have made so I can "put them through the ringer" with my humble engine.

The video is not meant to demo a complete, finished product. It's more a tech demo for folks in the Corona forums (The engine I use to develop for the iPad and iPhone) which is probably why you totally didn't get what the app was.
    When it comes time to actually start moving the product towards completion, I'm planning to hire folks to do maps for the final product. I have no problem paying folks for their work!

Thanks again!

Mario