Thread: Outremer - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@ Steel General - I took another look at it. At 50% zoom I agree, I hadn't noticed it before, but it seems there's an odd height phenomena going on with the rivers. At 50% they appear to bulge above the ground, but at 100% they look dug in. I felt that the rivers were too easily overlooked when I did them originally, so added a bevel to them to make them stand out more. Any ideas on an alternate way of making them stand out more that would get rid of the "bulging" effect at further out zoom levels?

Pythor - About the lakes. I fixed the one on the western tip of the continent as that was intended to have an outlet and I overlooked it. In the heavily lake-d area in the west, I had a hard time coming up with outlets and lake-to-lake tributaries that looked believable to me. I've given it a shot and am fairly pleased with the result. Comment please. :-) OH! And the proximity of that northernmost lake to the shore isn't a concern. That section of the northern coastline was intended to emulate the geographic features of Sweden. Large swaths of forested land surrounding uniquely large lakes close to the shore, all of it at the eastern base of a large mountain system. That it's so close to the shore is intentional. :-)

Also, I mentioned the scale in the original post. The size of the landmass is equivilant to Europe from portugal to the ural mountains, and from lower scandinavia to north africa. I've attached a map of Europe for an equivalent size reference.

@ Eliathen - Happily. And thanks for the rep! Check your pm box. I tried to send you a pm but I don't see it in my sent folder so I'm not sure if it went through.

Here is the fixed version of Outremer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outremer Geography.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	38595
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	size reference.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	38596  
    Last edited by gspRooster; 09-18-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gspRooster View Post

@ Eliathen - Happily. And thanks for the rep! Check your pm box. I tried to send you a pm but I don't see it in my sent folder so I'm not sure if it went through.
    No problem, man! It's well deserved.
    I received it, thanks. Will reply to it in a moment
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars