Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randomonia... Or Should I Re-Introduce Myself...

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Today's update. The rivers on the large landmasses are done (for now) I added a bit of a color overlay of brown to give them a little "depth". I also finished the far Northern landmasses. I think the two smaller Northern landmasses will be forest covered. It will give me a chance to practice my forest creation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randomonia.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	38697
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Well I decided to go a little different route with this mid-stream (as I so often do) I decided that this map would depict an "new" or undiscovered area. I forested the large landmasses and am happy with the result. I also re-worked the mountain in the large landmass. As I stated earlier I didn't really want to get into labeling this as it was just a way to refresh myself on technique. I think this is finished. All in all I'm happy with the way it turned out. BTW the name is in Welsh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randomonia.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	38737
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I really like the color scheme of the new version JT, it is quite attractive!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Thanks Arsheesh. Your maps have had a huge influence on my work. I'm glad to see that I didn't forget everything...

Finished Maps

Looks great but I notice you have a bit of a hard line around the base of the mountains. It is more noticeable in some of them, for instance the NE island mountain. I was having this issue myself until I figured out how to use layer masks. Sometimes you have forest that hides the line but by using a layer mask and a low opacity brush you can blend the mountains into the land in a very nice way. If those lines bug you too I would highly recommend checking out Award-Winner-Explanation-of-Layer-Masks-in-GIMP.

I use layer-masks a lot now that I know how they work so at least for me it was worthwhile to learn them.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12