Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And here's my very lame attempt at an LCARS-style overlay. I kind of like the overall layout so far but the colors are *very much* a work in progress. Examining screenshots to see what's the norm...a lot of the stuff on the Web is way wacky, like clown barf. The picture of the Equinox will probably go away but I dropped it in for fun.
    M

Edit: What *is* with all of the numbers anyway? Very few of the buttons on the interfaces have text of any kind. I want a "next" button, not "03594".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LCARS.JPG 
Views:	384 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	38728  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 09-25-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    What *is* with all of the numbers anyway? Very few of the buttons on the interfaces have text of any kind. I want a "next" button, not "03594".
    I've never been entirely sure. I could ask Mike Okuda, Doug Drexler or the like directly, I suppose. I don't think those old random number blurbs were meant to hold up under the more direct scrutiny that modern levels of screen resolution have made available to viewing audiences anyway. You could explain it away as some kind of coding only Real Starfleet Personnel were meant to understand...?
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse