Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, decks 5-8 are in the previous post. In the meantime I've gotten deck 4 pretty much done (it's *huge*) and realized that I've only gotten deck 3 partially completed. I'm posting it anyway but will note that I'm still working on the port side of the ship.

Right now it's symmetrical. The foreward section (surrounding the two large computer core octagons) was in the SD plans a 'security complex', something I don't need for Singularity. I'm reworking it into a small security suite/brig and maybe some sort of general briefing room. The port-most bit under the turbolift (orange circle) is supposed to be sickbay (right now it's just a copy of the starboard lab. I'm thinking of reworking the two enlisted quarters (p/s of turbolift) into two holodecks and maybe something else. There aren't any holodecks in the SD plans and it seems good for crew morale, useful for simulation/reseach, and just pretty good overall in case I want to do a story centered around them (and you know I do!)

As soon as I finish up deck 3 I can move on to getting all of the decoration on there. I might actually wrap these up by the weekend!
    M

Edit: Also note that I've added a zip file containing an Excel (2007) spreadsheet with speeds and distances for impulse and warp propulsion. The tables I was finding online (and in the ST Encyclopedia by Okuda-san, et. al.) were a little too rounded for my tastes. There are two tabs, one for impulse and one for warp. They both list speeds and some distances (Earth to Moon, Across Oort Cloud, etc.) and the time to travel that distance at that speed. The top table in each tab is noted in hours...more useful is the bottom table, which lists time in convenient units (years, months, days, hours, minutes, or seconds, whichever is most appropriate). If you note some errors or have some useful additions I'd be happy to consider them. This is just for my home game so feel free to use or adapt as desired. If you distribute it some credit would be cool...but I won't sue you if you don't.

Edit again: I'm thinking my WF speeds are pretty good up until 9+. That's where the formula breaks down (for 1-9 it's WF*c^(10/3) but after 9+ it rises to infinity) and I pretty much just bunged about with figures to get close to Okuda's values without actually trying to research or figure out the formula in detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d3-partial.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	38838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d4.JPG 
Views:	743 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	38837  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mearrin69; 09-28-2011 at 11:52 PM.