Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steampunk Europe

A really great map, even though I doubt that Denmark ever would be able to reconquer the southern parts of Sweden (which historically was Denmark before they lost it) ;-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    A really great map, even though I doubt that Denmark ever would be able to reconquer the southern parts of Sweden (which historically was Denmark before they lost it) ;-)
    Ah, but maybe in this timeline, they never lost it, so they didn't need to reconquer it.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    My thought was that one of the centers of the 'steampunk industrial revolution' was in Brittany, allowing them to expand into a world power, eventually co-opting and conquering much of western Europe, including England and Ireland.
    The naming's a little odd I guess, in that "Grande-Bretagne" is French for Great Britain.

If the Napoleonic wars had gone differently, then the Knights of St John might still hold Malta. Depends when your timelines diverge as it were.
    I am a geology nerd.

Jaw-dropping ... I love the simple elegance. It reminds me of National Geographic maps I used to hang on my walls in the old days, when you got maps, not just posters in those mags.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very pretty indeed. Love the shadow cog border. Great work!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks much guys.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi Diamand, I found you maps on Deviantart, and so doing, find my way here, thank you for this. And I realy enjoy your classical maps like this one. I have always problems in making the grid, and on this maps its just looks awsome, can you give me a tip how to do this?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Hi Diamand, I found you maps on Deviantart, and so doing, find my way here, thank you for this. And I realy enjoy your classical maps like this one. I have always problems in making the grid, and on this maps its just looks awsome, can you give me a tip how to do this?
    Glad to have you here; this place is awesome.

As to the lat/long lines, I cheated - I scanned a map from an atlas and just did a trace of it in photoshop. If I tried to place them by hand I'm sure I'd have botched it. I used the same map in another althist thing I posted on DeviantArt a long time ago - the Holy Roman Khanate.

Love it, and if it wasn't for the cookies...eeerrrr...gears, I wouldn't think of it as steampunk at all, which ain't bad in anyway.

Now you got me dreaming of new campaign settings and RPG world building...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12